Friday, September 30, 2011

Down & Dirty

It’s been a long time blogging pals and I don’t have any excuse! I just didn’t feel like writing. I could of wrote about how I got slammed at work, how I had some good workouts but then mostly terrible workouts. I could have wrote about going to weddings/baby showers/drinks but really – what would I write that hasn’t been said before??


So here’s a quick update:
I’m racing my FINAL triathlon of 2011… the Mightman Olympic out in Montauk, Long Island.

I’ll be driving out there in a few hours with the bf, BLT and her bf. I honestly can’t wait to smell the sea salted air… I miss the beach! IMLP training took precedence over any Jersey shore fist pumping time so I’m psyched to be near the ocean.

So – what are my goals for this race? I’ve been throwing down some smack talk at my Olympic PR (2:49 @ NYC or 2:54 @ Mighty Hamptons – you chose since the NYC swim is uber fast) but can I back it up??

I guess we’ll find out on Sunday. I finally got my biking mojo back this past week so I’m excited for 1 out of the 3 sports…

Swimming? Well… I’ve been bailing on swim sessions due to long work days. I’ll be happy to stay relaxed through the whole thing.

Running? Ack – I’ve acquired some short course speed after Placid but my body is casually giving me the middle finger for training hard since January. It’s reminiscent of my burn out days of college field hockey and that’s not good. Sharp, shooting pains up my shins are not good. So my race day plan is to start aggressively on the swim, attack the bike and then hold on and run through the pain of a 10K.

We’ll see where that lands me... Hopefully under a 2:49!

Here's what I sent my Coach...

Swim = 27-30 minutes (between 1:40/1:50 pace) **anything 30 or under I'll be happy with. Plus the open water madness seems to slow me down vs. my 1:30-1:35 times in the pool

T1 = 3 min ** saying 3 minutes because if it's cold I plan on wearing my biking gloves & arm warmers which could take an extra minute to get on.

Bike = 1:16 -1:20 (between 19.42-18.45 mph) **I really plan on going hard on the bike. I'm pretty confident I can sustain over 18mph with rolling hills.

T2 = 1:30 **again, could be quicker but I'll be peeling off the additional arm warmers/gloves

Run = 49:49 – 55 (8:02/8:55 pace) **I kinda left a large gap here.... I would love, love, love to get as close to breaking 50 minutes as possible. I'm just not sure what my legs will say on Sunday. My race pace run gave me a confidence boost... but then the run on Saturday brought that down a notch or two.

TOTAL = 2:37 – 2:50

ah, what the hell... it's the last tri of 2011 - why not SMASH myself on the run!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. You have nothing to lose Jill! Nothing more to train for! (right?). Go out in style! I expect your heart to burst (figuratively) as you cross that finish line!

    Give that course Hell!!!!!! RRRRRAAAAAWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete